Jake Delhomme was elected president of the board of directors for the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association at the annual election of officers, it was announced Aug. 17.
During Louisiana Cup Day at Louisiana Downs Aug. 18, the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association awarded two $1,000 scholarships to Louisiana college students Demi Varuso and Rachel Petticrew.
Louisiana Downs announced March 26 that the purse for the 30th renewal of the grade II Super Derby on Sept. 19 has been hiked to $750,000.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- California Chrome Arrives at Arlington
- Medal Count Retired to Spendthrift Farm
- Lovely Maria Returns for Delaware Oaks
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- Colt First Winner for U.S. Champ Cape Blanco
- KY Downs Sets Historical Racing Handle Record
- Ben's Cat Aims for Fourth Parx Dash Victory
- RMTC: Uniform Drug Program Has Momentum
- IHRC Report: Truesdail Missed Seven Positives