Jake Delhomme was elected president of the board of directors for the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association at the annual election of officers, it was announced Aug. 17.
During Louisiana Cup Day at Louisiana Downs Aug. 18, the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association awarded two $1,000 scholarships to Louisiana college students Demi Varuso and Rachel Petticrew.
Louisiana Downs announced March 26 that the purse for the 30th renewal of the grade II Super Derby on Sept. 19 has been hiked to $750,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- Free Mammography Screening at Turfway Dec. 27
- Ritvo to Receive Lou Smith Memorial Award
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says