At a mile and a half, the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) has always been considered the true test of stamina and ability among Thoroughbreds, according to leading horsemen from the 1960s.
Patrice Wolfson, owner of the last Triple Crown winner, says I'll Have Another is a worthy successor to Affirmed.
La Affirmed, a pensioned graded stakes producer for Elizabeth Moran's Brushwood Farm, was euthanized May 21 because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
- By Esther Marr
Media and other guests were invited to a June 6 reception for the opening of a new, permanent Affirmed exhibition that includes the Triple Crown winner's trophy collection, artwork, halter, and jewelry worn by his owner.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic