At a mile and a half, the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) has always been considered the true test of stamina and ability among Thoroughbreds, according to leading horsemen from the 1960s.
Patrice Wolfson, owner of the last Triple Crown winner, says I'll Have Another is a worthy successor to Affirmed.
La Affirmed, a pensioned graded stakes producer for Elizabeth Moran's Brushwood Farm, was euthanized May 21 because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
- By Esther Marr
Media and other guests were invited to a June 6 reception for the opening of a new, permanent Affirmed exhibition that includes the Triple Crown winner's trophy collection, artwork, halter, and jewelry worn by his owner.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Hong Kong Stars to Battle on Sunday at Sha Tin
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Maker Quartet Headlines Fair Grounds 'Cap
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move