Hey Ralphy, a filly trained by Rodney Jenkins at Laurel Park, was infected by equine herpesvirus (EHV-1), according to the Maryland Department of Agriculture. The 3-year-old was euthanized Jan 26 with a suspected pelvic injury. A Hold Order has been placed on Barn 9, where the filly was stabled, at the central Maryland track. Jenkins has elected not to train any of his horses until the Hold Order ends.
Another horse has been euthanized at Laurel Park after testing positive for equine herpesvirus (EHV-1). A private veterinarian of trainer Joe Delozier euthanized General Strike Jan. 25. The 3-year-old showed no signs of improvement after testing positive for the virus Jan. 19.
In an explosive meeting marked by a commissioner's expletive-filled response to charges of discrimination, the Maryland Racing Commission voted Oct. 14 to review the Maryland Jockey Club's documentation for evicting trainers and closing the Pimlico stable for the winter.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Breeders' Cup Board Seats Filled
- Filly Taghrooda Takes Aim at Ascot History
- OBS Fall Sale to Include Horses of Racing Age
- Wednesday at Saratoga
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- TOBA Schedules Events in Saratoga Springs
- Equineline 'Pedigree Binder' Now Available
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push for Eclipse Award
- Risk Factors for EIPH in Australian Racehorses Studied