Warning Zone, a group II stakes winner in her native South Africa, made her North American debut a winning one with a one-length tally in the $100,000 Marie G. Krantz Memorial Handicap Saturday at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Penny's Fortune, a Kentucky-bred daughter of Storm Cat who cost $650,000 at the 2002 Keeneland September yearling sale, surged to the lead entering the stretch and went on to a two-length victory in the $57,825 Carmel Handicap at Bay Meadows Sunday.
Trainer Jerry Hollendorfer's dominance in stakes races at Bay Meadows continued Saturday when his improving filly Crozet scored a convincing victory in the $79,950 Bay Meadows Oaks.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Looking East, to Far East, for Classic Starters