Graded stakes winners Magic Storm now headlines the $300,000 Indiana Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) Friday night at Hoosier Park after the scratch of 5-2 morning line favorite Lost at Sea. Nine 3-year-old fillies are expected to vie in the eighth running of the 1 1/16-mile event, its second year as a graded stakes.
Jerry Hollendorfer, the defending champion trainer at Arlington Park, has apparently conceded any chance to repeat after shipping 22 horses from his Arlington string back to his Northern California base of operations.
John Franks & Peter Abruzzo's Lost At Sea overtook favored See How She Runs entering the stretch en route to a 1 1/4-length victory in the $100,000 Singapore Plate (gr. III) Saturday at Arlington Park.
Pin Oak Stable's See How She Runs, whose five-race undefeated streak was snapped when narrowly defeated in the $150,000 Iowa Oaks last time out, is the likely favorite among seven 3-year-old fillies entered for Saturday's $100,000 Singapore Plate (gr. III) over 1 1/8 miles at Arlington Park.
Lost at Sea rallied from seven lengths back to nip See How She Runs at the wire in Wednesday's $150,000 Iowa Oaks at Prairie Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Breeders' Cup Fantasy Game Returns for 2015
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Company Tied to NYRA Chair Named in Case
- Treve Terrific in Corrida Romp at Saint-Cloud
- Pedigree Analysis: Lovely Maria
- Amanpour Brings $1.5M on Final MM Select Day
- Carpe Diem, Madefromlucky Work in Company
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing