Irish-bred Volga, racing in the finest form of her career, registered a convincing 2 3/4-length win Saturday in the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIT) over 1 1/2 miles on the turf at Calder Race Course.
Robert S. Evans' 5-year-old homebred mare New Economy won the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. II) last year and goes for a repeat tally Saturday in the 12-furlong turf test at Calder.
Calder's $100,000 My Charmer Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares at 1 1/8 miles drew an overflow field of 17, with 12 to start in Saturday's race.
French Charmer, who has competed at seven different racetracks along the east coast in the past year, returned to Calder Race Course Saturday afternoon to take the $100,000 Flying Pidgeon Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- STATS, Equibase Launch STATS Race Lens Mobile Version
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell
- Milestone Victory for Goodwin Comes at Canterbury Park
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand