Irish-bred Volga, racing in the finest form of her career, registered a convincing 2 3/4-length win Saturday in the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIT) over 1 1/2 miles on the turf at Calder Race Course.
Robert S. Evans' 5-year-old homebred mare New Economy won the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. II) last year and goes for a repeat tally Saturday in the 12-furlong turf test at Calder.
Calder's $100,000 My Charmer Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares at 1 1/8 miles drew an overflow field of 17, with 12 to start in Saturday's race.
French Charmer, who has competed at seven different racetracks along the east coast in the past year, returned to Calder Race Course Saturday afternoon to take the $100,000 Flying Pidgeon Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala