Irish-bred Volga, racing in the finest form of her career, registered a convincing 2 3/4-length win Saturday in the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIT) over 1 1/2 miles on the turf at Calder Race Course.
Robert S. Evans' 5-year-old homebred mare New Economy won the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. II) last year and goes for a repeat tally Saturday in the 12-furlong turf test at Calder.
Calder's $100,000 My Charmer Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares at 1 1/8 miles drew an overflow field of 17, with 12 to start in Saturday's race.
French Charmer, who has competed at seven different racetracks along the east coast in the past year, returned to Calder Race Course Saturday afternoon to take the $100,000 Flying Pidgeon Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Red Sailed into the Sunset
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident