Irish-bred Volga, racing in the finest form of her career, registered a convincing 2 3/4-length win Saturday in the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIT) over 1 1/2 miles on the turf at Calder Race Course.
Robert S. Evans' 5-year-old homebred mare New Economy won the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. II) last year and goes for a repeat tally Saturday in the 12-furlong turf test at Calder.
Calder's $100,000 My Charmer Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares at 1 1/8 miles drew an overflow field of 17, with 12 to start in Saturday's race.
French Charmer, who has competed at seven different racetracks along the east coast in the past year, returned to Calder Race Course Saturday afternoon to take the $100,000 Flying Pidgeon Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- Secret Circle Powers Home in Golden Shaheen
- Dolniya Quickens to Sheema Classic Score
- Solow All Alone in Dubai Turf
- Gold Medal Dancer Works for Apple Blossom
- Sole Power Drives to Al Quoz Sprint Win
- Dubai Wold Cup 2015: Godolphin Mile
- Brown Panther Pounces in Dubai Gold Cup