Irish-bred Volga, racing in the finest form of her career, registered a convincing 2 3/4-length win Saturday in the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIT) over 1 1/2 miles on the turf at Calder Race Course.
Robert S. Evans' 5-year-old homebred mare New Economy won the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. II) last year and goes for a repeat tally Saturday in the 12-furlong turf test at Calder.
Calder's $100,000 My Charmer Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares at 1 1/8 miles drew an overflow field of 17, with 12 to start in Saturday's race.
French Charmer, who has competed at seven different racetracks along the east coast in the past year, returned to Calder Race Course Saturday afternoon to take the $100,000 Flying Pidgeon Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Strut the Course Edges Favorite at Woodbine
- Front-Runner Dogwood Trail Blossoms in Azalea
- Nutan Easy Winner of German Derby
- Aldous Snow Repeats in Singspiel Stakes
- Favorites Dominate on Louisiana Legends Night
- Jockey Gonzalez Posts Career Victory 3,000
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban