Irish-bred Volga, racing in the finest form of her career, registered a convincing 2 3/4-length win Saturday in the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIT) over 1 1/2 miles on the turf at Calder Race Course.
Robert S. Evans' 5-year-old homebred mare New Economy won the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. II) last year and goes for a repeat tally Saturday in the 12-furlong turf test at Calder.
Calder's $100,000 My Charmer Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares at 1 1/8 miles drew an overflow field of 17, with 12 to start in Saturday's race.
French Charmer, who has competed at seven different racetracks along the east coast in the past year, returned to Calder Race Course Saturday afternoon to take the $100,000 Flying Pidgeon Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- Elliott Wins Riding Title at Los Alamitos