Forest Grove, guided through an opening along the inside on the turn by jockey Corey Nakatani, held off the late charge of Areyoutalkintome to register his first graded stakes victory in the $150,000 Los Angeles Times Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park Saturday.
Hombre Rapido, an 8-year-old gelding who has competed in the last three runnings of the Los Angeles Times Handicap (gr. III) for sprinters, will attempt to emulate his 2003 victory when facing five rivals Saturday in the $150,000 renewal at Hollywood Park.
Pohave ended an eight-race losing streak at Hollywood Park, winning his first graded stakes in the $150,000 Los Angeles Times Handicap (gr. III) Saturday.
Defending champion Hombre Rapido will attempt to join legendary Native Diver as the only two-time winner of the $150,000 Los Angeles Times Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Hollywood Park.
In spite of fractions that were quicker than rapid, Hombre Rapido had plenty left to capture Saturday's $200,000 Los Angeles Times Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park by a length over fast-closing Publication.
Men's Exclusive seeks to become the first 10-year-old to win a stakes race at Hollywood Park Saturday in the $200,000 Los Angeles Times Handicap (gr. III) at six furlongs.
Trainer John Sadler confirmed Friday that he planned to run track record-holder Hombre Rapido in the $200,000 Los Angeles Times Handicap (gr. III) and Palmeiro in the $150,000 Mervyn LeRoy Handicap (gr. II), both on May 10 at Hollywood Park.
The purse for the 2003 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap will be increased to $400,000 from $75,000 as Hollywood Park will feature a Los Angeles Times-themed program May 10 in conjunction with the first annual L.A. Times Sports Workshop for aspiring sports journalists.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start