A lawsuit filed on behalf of those who wagered on Sweet Catomine in last April's Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) was dismissed by a Los Angeles County Superior Court judge last week.
A horse owner sued his trainer and a California Horse Racing Board steward for allegedly running his horse against his wishes at Del Mar on Aug. 14.
Jockey Corey Nakatani received a stay of a 30-day suspension he was given on March 11 and will continue to ride until the California Horse Racing Board hears his appeal, which should come in "a few weeks," according to the rider.
Santa Anita Park has won a longstanding property dispute with neighboring Santa Anita Fashion Park stemming from the sale of the racetrack to Frank Stronach's Magna Entertainment Corporation in 1998.
Breeders' Cup Limited filed a complaint in Los Angeles County Superior Court Oct. 3 seeking to restrain Jockeys International Management Group (JMG) from entering agreements for the display of advertising on jockeys apparel for the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championship races on Oct. 25 at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Thoro-Graph Products Added to Equibase.com
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- The Jockey Club Elects Six New Members
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Understanding the Biomechanics of Lameness
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa