Barretts Equine Limited and Fairplex Park have been combined and renamed Barretts Sales & Racing. The Thoroughbred auction house and racetrack name change is effective immediately.
Kim Lloyd has been promoted to general manager of Barretts Equine Sales and Fairplex Park racing.
Jim Henwood, who serves as president and CEO of the Los Angeles County Fair Association (LACFA), which owns Barretts, recently discussed the future of the sale company with The Blood-Horse.
Fairplex Park offers 16 days of competition in the fall as part of California's fair racing circuit. But with signs pointing to the closure and development of Hollywood Park, Fairplex soon could play a more important role in the Golden State's version of the Sport of Kings.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North