Barretts Equine Limited and Fairplex Park have been combined and renamed Barretts Sales & Racing. The Thoroughbred auction house and racetrack name change is effective immediately.
Kim Lloyd has been promoted to general manager of Barretts Equine Sales and Fairplex Park racing.
Jim Henwood, who serves as president and CEO of the Los Angeles County Fair Association (LACFA), which owns Barretts, recently discussed the future of the sale company with The Blood-Horse.
Fairplex Park offers 16 days of competition in the fall as part of California's fair racing circuit. But with signs pointing to the closure and development of Hollywood Park, Fairplex soon could play a more important role in the Golden State's version of the Sport of Kings.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- Barretts January Mixed Sale Catalog Online
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives