Barretts Equine Limited and Fairplex Park have been combined and renamed Barretts Sales & Racing. The Thoroughbred auction house and racetrack name change is effective immediately.
Kim Lloyd has been promoted to general manager of Barretts Equine Sales and Fairplex Park racing.
Jim Henwood, who serves as president and CEO of the Los Angeles County Fair Association (LACFA), which owns Barretts, recently discussed the future of the sale company with The Blood-Horse.
Fairplex Park offers 16 days of competition in the fall as part of California's fair racing circuit. But with signs pointing to the closure and development of Hollywood Park, Fairplex soon could play a more important role in the Golden State's version of the Sport of Kings.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms