Barretts Equine Limited and Fairplex Park have been combined and renamed Barretts Sales & Racing. The Thoroughbred auction house and racetrack name change is effective immediately.
Kim Lloyd has been promoted to general manager of Barretts Equine Sales and Fairplex Park racing.
Jim Henwood, who serves as president and CEO of the Los Angeles County Fair Association (LACFA), which owns Barretts, recently discussed the future of the sale company with The Blood-Horse.
Fairplex Park offers 16 days of competition in the fall as part of California's fair racing circuit. But with signs pointing to the closure and development of Hollywood Park, Fairplex soon could play a more important role in the Golden State's version of the Sport of Kings.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Nerud-Owned and Bred Colt Wins at Big A
- The Week in Photos for 1/27/2015
- Jan. 28 Live Racing at Aqueduct Canceled
- Barretts Gross Up; Average, Median Decline
- WGOH: Avoiding the Nuclear Option
- Keeping Pace: Upstart Figures to Improve