Barretts Equine Limited and Fairplex Park have been combined and renamed Barretts Sales & Racing. The Thoroughbred auction house and racetrack name change is effective immediately.
Kim Lloyd has been promoted to general manager of Barretts Equine Sales and Fairplex Park racing.
Jim Henwood, who serves as president and CEO of the Los Angeles County Fair Association (LACFA), which owns Barretts, recently discussed the future of the sale company with The Blood-Horse.
Fairplex Park offers 16 days of competition in the fall as part of California's fair racing circuit. But with signs pointing to the closure and development of Hollywood Park, Fairplex soon could play a more important role in the Golden State's version of the Sport of Kings.
Most Popular Stories
- Business as Usual for J Boys Echo in Derby Breeze
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move