After scoring the first stakes win of career earlier in the summer at Los Alamitos Race Course, Soi Phet returned to the one-mile oval to register a 7 1/4-length romp in the inaugural $200,000 Los Alamitos Mile Sept. 6.
Promising 4-year-old Masochistic is the 7-5 morning line favorite for the inaugural Los Alamitos Mile Sept. 6 in a field that also includes a pair of stakes winners at the summer meet at Los Alamitos Race Course.
Live daytime racing comes back to Los Alamitos Race Course from Sept. 5-21 with an 11-day fall meeting in conjunction with the Los Angeles County Fair.
Dual classic winner California Chrome turned in his first workout since the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), breezing three furlongs handily the morning of Aug. 8 at Los Alamitos Racecourse.
Los Alamitos Race Course received passing marks for its two-week Thoroughbred meet that ended July 13, but a track official conceded that there was room for improvement.
Dual classic winner California Chrome is due to return to his Los Alamitos stable July 17, two weeks earlier than expected. His first start back could come at his home track Sept. 20, said trainer Art Sherman.
Most Popular Stories
- Cavalryman Dies After Injury at Meydan
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- Laurel Park Cancels Sunday, March 1 Racing
- Gulfstream Park Cancels Card in Deluge
- Royal Son Easily Captures Battaglia Memorial
- Stellar Wind Sails to Santa Ysabel Victory
- Rodriguez Suspended, Fined for Positives
- Avila Defiant in Face of Suspension
- Palace Malice in First Work Back for Pletcher