North Light, an English champion and classic winner, will enter stud at Frank Stronach's Adena Springs Farm near Midway, Ky.
North Light gave Michael Stoute his fourth Derby success as a trainer and jockey Kieren Fallon his third with a brave performance in Saturday's $2.3 million Vodafone Derby (Eng-I) at Epsom.
Peter Wragg, a prominent bloodstock agent who was the brother of trainer Geoff and a son of champion jockey and leading trainer Harry, died last week at the age of 76 after a lengthy illness.
Islington, an Eclipse Award finalist following her win in the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT), is booked to prominent stallion Rainbow Quest.
Islington, last year's highweighted 3-year-old filly in England from 9 1/2 to 11 furlongs and from 11 to 14 furlongs, won the Aston Upthorpe Yorkshire Oaks (Eng-I) for the second year in a row Wednesday afternoon at the Ebor-at-York meeting in England.
Islington captured her second straight group I win Wednesday with an outstanding performance in the Ashton Upthorpe Yorkshire Oaks at York.
Nayef gets the best of Golan, this time at York's Ebor meeting
Irish-bred Islington drew away to easily win the Group 1 Vodafone Nassau Stakes for fillies contested at 10 furlongs at Goodwood Saturday.
Golan wins a memorable King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Diamond Stakes the week his owner, Lord Weinstock, dies.
Lord Arnold Weinstock of England has died, according to The Racing Post. The publication reported the 77-year-old resident of London died at his home Tuesday.
Lord Arnold Weinstock, who won the 200th Epsom Derby (Eng-I) with Troy and raced such other tops stars as Sun Princess and Pilsudski, died July 23 at his home following a lengthy illness
Lord Weinstock's Sagitta Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) winner Golan earned his first victory since that early May race, winning the Prix Niel Casino Barriere d'Enghien les Bains (Fr-II) on Sunday at Longchamp.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica