New York shipper True Quality underlined his quality by withstanding the challenge of odds-on favorite Fabulous Strike in the stretch run of the Feb. 16 General George Handicap (gr. II).
The $150,000 General George Handicap (gr. II) has attracted a short, but stellar band of older runners. The seven furlong headliner at Laurel Park Feb. 16 features Fabulous Strike, one of the top sprinters in the country.
Bustin Stones led from gate to wire and held off a late challenge by Lord Snowdon to notch his fifth consecutive win, and first graded-stakes score, in the General George Handicap (gr. II) at Laurel Park Feb. 18.
Lord Snowdon, using his patented late move, wore down Man of Danger and Debussy in the final yards to post the first stakes win of his career in the $81,600 Paumonok Handicap at Aqueduct Jan. 26.
The 5-year-old gelding faces six in the Jan. 26 sprint at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- BH 100: Commemorates
- Laurel Announces Winter Stakes Schedule
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory