Dead Red advanced along the hedge to upset favored Mach Ride by three-quarters of a length at odds of 70-1 in the $250,000 Turf Sprint Championship at Calder Race Course on Saturday.
What are the odds of a son of Mecke winning the $100,000 Mecke Handicap at Calder Race Course? On Tuesday, July 4, they were about 7-to-2 -- those were the off-time odds on Trilogy Stable's 6-year-old horse Magic Mecke in the holiday feature race at Calder Racecourse.
Mr. and Mrs. Bertram Firestone's Grand Reserve, to be ridden by Jerry Bailey, and Shadwell Stable's Tadreeb, with Jose Velez Jr. aboard, are the horses to beat in a field of 11 3-year-olds entered in Saturday's $200,000 Calder Derby (gr. IIIT) at 1 1/8 miles on turf.
Local hope Lord Robyn won his third straight race since switching to the turf at Calder Race Course, romping to a front-running victory in the $100,000 Tropical Park Derby (gr. IIIT) for just-turned 3-year-olds at 1 1/8 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Two Share Fastest Furlong Time at F-T Show
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- Mountaineer Cancels; Parx Loses Most of Card
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year