Dead Red advanced along the hedge to upset favored Mach Ride by three-quarters of a length at odds of 70-1 in the $250,000 Turf Sprint Championship at Calder Race Course on Saturday.
What are the odds of a son of Mecke winning the $100,000 Mecke Handicap at Calder Race Course? On Tuesday, July 4, they were about 7-to-2 -- those were the off-time odds on Trilogy Stable's 6-year-old horse Magic Mecke in the holiday feature race at Calder Racecourse.
Mr. and Mrs. Bertram Firestone's Grand Reserve, to be ridden by Jerry Bailey, and Shadwell Stable's Tadreeb, with Jose Velez Jr. aboard, are the horses to beat in a field of 11 3-year-olds entered in Saturday's $200,000 Calder Derby (gr. IIIT) at 1 1/8 miles on turf.
Local hope Lord Robyn won his third straight race since switching to the turf at Calder Race Course, romping to a front-running victory in the $100,000 Tropical Park Derby (gr. IIIT) for just-turned 3-year-olds at 1 1/8 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- Weak OBS August Sale Fails to Recover
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- Will Exaggerator Be Beaten in the Travers?