Paraneck Stables is offering a $50,000 bonus to the breeder of the first stakes winner from the respective 2007 foal crops of Song of the Sword and Lord Ofthe Thunder.
Stakes winner Lord Ofthe Thunder and grade II stakes-placed Song of the Sword will stand in 2006 at Vince Tucciarone's Fox Tale Farm near Coopersburg, Pa.
Adonis, who won the 1999 Wood Memorial (gr. II) and Discovery Handicap (gr. III) in New York, will return to that state to stand in 2005.
Paraneck Stable's Lord ofthe Thunder split front-running Mr. Determined and rallying Union One in the lane at Aqueduct on Sunday afternoon to win the $81,325 King's Point Handicap for New York breds at 1 1/8 mile by 4 1/2 lengths.
Thomas Mina's No Parole, winner of the Mike Lee Stakes, is the 124-pound highweight for Saturday's $125,000 New York Derby, the second leg of the "Big Apple Triple."
The loud boom you hear at Aqueduct on Feb. 9 could very well be the sound of Lord ofthe Thunder crashing down on the Kentucky Derby trail. The New York-bred son of Saint Ballado will be tackling open company for the first time in the 1 1/16-mile Whirlaway Stakes, and if those close to the colt are correct, we could have a new star on the scene.
As the masses congregate at the start of the Kentucky Derby trail, there will, as usual, be lots of pushing and shoving until late February and early March when the contenders begin to separate themselves from the pack. But disappointment and frustration can be prevelant just getting to the Derby trail, as evidenced by the number of highly promising juveniles who stumbled along the way last week.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Kauai Katie Makes Her 2014 Debut in Distaff
- Eight Rivals Try Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio