Median showed a sharp increase on opening day of the Arqana October yearling sale, where a Dubawi colt sold for the highest price Oct. 20 at Deauville, France.
Prince Faisal's Belardo gamely speared between rivals and drew off to a convincing win in the Oct. 17 Dubai Dewhurst Stakes (Eng-I), the most prestigious 2-year-old race in Great Britain.
A filly by Darley sire Exceed And Excel brought a sale record price at the Doncaster Bloodstock Sales breeze-up auction April 24.
Foals by Lawman and Loup De Vega, who both stand at John O'Connor's Ballylinch Stud, filled the first three spots on the list of top weanlings sold on the second day of the Tattersalls December Foal Sale Nov. 29 in Newmarket.
Dick Turpin finally gained the first group I victory of his career with a breakout performance in the Prix Jean Prat (Fr-I) at Chantilly July 4.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Double French Classic winner Lope de Vega is by second-crop sire Shamardal, while group I winner Makfi is by second-crop sire Dubawi. Both sires are slugging it out to lead their crop.
Lope De Vega made it a French classic double by romping to an easy three-length victory in the Prix du Jockey Club (Fr-I) at Chantilly June 6.
Lope De Vega provided legendary trainer Andre Fabre with his fifth victory in the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I) when he held off Dick Turpin to take the French classic by a half-length May 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Scratched from F-T November Sale
- Lexie Lou Shows Old Spark in Autumn Miss Win
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Pick of the Litter Shows Best in Fayette Win
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Northlands Park Meet Ends With Handle Gains
- Breeders' Cup Modifies Convicted Trainer Rule
- Salutos Amigos Best in 'Ruler, Eyes BC Sprint
- Keeneland Posts Dips in Attendance, Handle
- Romans: Prayer for Relief's Work 'Super'