A filly by Darley sire Exceed And Excel brought a sale record price at the Doncaster Bloodstock Sales breeze-up auction April 24.
Foals by Lawman and Loup De Vega, who both stand at John O'Connor's Ballylinch Stud, filled the first three spots on the list of top weanlings sold on the second day of the Tattersalls December Foal Sale Nov. 29 in Newmarket.
Dick Turpin finally gained the first group I victory of his career with a breakout performance in the Prix Jean Prat (Fr-I) at Chantilly July 4.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Double French Classic winner Lope de Vega is by second-crop sire Shamardal, while group I winner Makfi is by second-crop sire Dubawi. Both sires are slugging it out to lead their crop.
Lope De Vega made it a French classic double by romping to an easy three-length victory in the Prix du Jockey Club (Fr-I) at Chantilly June 6.
Lope De Vega provided legendary trainer Andre Fabre with his fifth victory in the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I) when he held off Dick Turpin to take the French classic by a half-length May 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact