Commuters traveling on U.S. Route 1 in North Laurel, Md. around 9 a.m. Jan. 11 saw something they'll never forget--a loose Thoroughbred heading south without its rider.
Hunter Pultz, 77, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., was pronounced dead Monday at Memorial Medical Center in Hollywood, Fla. of internal injuries caused by a loose horse. Pultz had been employed as a winner's circle security guard by both Calder Race Course and Gulfstream Park for ten years.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Rockin Jojo First Winner for Street Magician
- Little Journey Favored in Boiling Springs
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Dissident, I Do Win in Australia, New Zealand
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely