Commuters traveling on U.S. Route 1 in North Laurel, Md. around 9 a.m. Jan. 11 saw something they'll never forget--a loose Thoroughbred heading south without its rider.
Hunter Pultz, 77, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., was pronounced dead Monday at Memorial Medical Center in Hollywood, Fla. of internal injuries caused by a loose horse. Pultz had been employed as a winner's circle security guard by both Calder Race Course and Gulfstream Park for ten years.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Thomas Enjoying Versatile Bridlewood Role
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight