Commuters traveling on U.S. Route 1 in North Laurel, Md. around 9 a.m. Jan. 11 saw something they'll never forget--a loose Thoroughbred heading south without its rider.
Hunter Pultz, 77, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., was pronounced dead Monday at Memorial Medical Center in Hollywood, Fla. of internal injuries caused by a loose horse. Pultz had been employed as a winner's circle security guard by both Calder Race Course and Gulfstream Park for ten years.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby