Commuters traveling on U.S. Route 1 in North Laurel, Md. around 9 a.m. Jan. 11 saw something they'll never forget--a loose Thoroughbred heading south without its rider.
Hunter Pultz, 77, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., was pronounced dead Monday at Memorial Medical Center in Hollywood, Fla. of internal injuries caused by a loose horse. Pultz had been employed as a winner's circle security guard by both Calder Race Course and Gulfstream Park for ten years.
Most Popular Stories
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Mind Your Biscuits Aims to Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala