Commuters traveling on U.S. Route 1 in North Laurel, Md. around 9 a.m. Jan. 11 saw something they'll never forget--a loose Thoroughbred heading south without its rider.
Hunter Pultz, 77, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., was pronounced dead Monday at Memorial Medical Center in Hollywood, Fla. of internal injuries caused by a loose horse. Pultz had been employed as a winner's circle security guard by both Calder Race Course and Gulfstream Park for ten years.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Nomorerichblondes Leads Home KY Breds in Meydan