Commuters traveling on U.S. Route 1 in North Laurel, Md. around 9 a.m. Jan. 11 saw something they'll never forget--a loose Thoroughbred heading south without its rider.
Hunter Pultz, 77, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., was pronounced dead Monday at Memorial Medical Center in Hollywood, Fla. of internal injuries caused by a loose horse. Pultz had been employed as a winner's circle security guard by both Calder Race Course and Gulfstream Park for ten years.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Haskin: Bronwen Healy's American Adventure
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- World Approval, Night Prowler Seeking 'Fame'
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Flashy American, Willow Hills in Groupie Doll