Commuters traveling on U.S. Route 1 in North Laurel, Md. around 9 a.m. Jan. 11 saw something they'll never forget--a loose Thoroughbred heading south without its rider.
Hunter Pultz, 77, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., was pronounced dead Monday at Memorial Medical Center in Hollywood, Fla. of internal injuries caused by a loose horse. Pultz had been employed as a winner's circle security guard by both Calder Race Course and Gulfstream Park for ten years.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Blazing Speed Wins QE II Cup in Hong Kong
- Two Derby Hopefuls Boast Derby-Winning Sires
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- No Catching Cinco Charlie in William Walker
- StarLadies On Oaks Trail With Eskenformoney
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third