Commuters traveling on U.S. Route 1 in North Laurel, Md. around 9 a.m. Jan. 11 saw something they'll never forget--a loose Thoroughbred heading south without its rider.
Hunter Pultz, 77, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., was pronounced dead Monday at Memorial Medical Center in Hollywood, Fla. of internal injuries caused by a loose horse. Pultz had been employed as a winner's circle security guard by both Calder Race Course and Gulfstream Park for ten years.
Most Popular Stories
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Longshots on Saratoga's Closing Day
- Inside Yearling Sales Prep: Behavior
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Wise Dan Passes Return Test in Flying Colors
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup
- Jo Jo Warrior Helps Zayat Celebrate Birthday
- Stonestreet Has Star in Making in Atreides
- Plesa Sweeps Juvenile Stakes at Monmouth