Commuters traveling on U.S. Route 1 in North Laurel, Md. around 9 a.m. Jan. 11 saw something they'll never forget--a loose Thoroughbred heading south without its rider.
Hunter Pultz, 77, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., was pronounced dead Monday at Memorial Medical Center in Hollywood, Fla. of internal injuries caused by a loose horse. Pultz had been employed as a winner's circle security guard by both Calder Race Course and Gulfstream Park for ten years.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- OBS March 2YO Sale Set for March 17-18
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- Australia Expects 3.3% Drop in 2015 Foal Crop
- Average Up, Median Steady as Karaka Sale Ends
- Monmouth Announces 2015 Stakes Schedule
- Sabercat to Averett Farm in Louisiana
- Charles Town Cancels Friday Evening Card
- Ohio Begins Examination of Medication Rules