Loooch Racing Stables' Mo Dont No walked away from the annual Ohio Awards Banquet with two divisional championships and was also crowned the 2016 Ohio Horse of the Year sponsored by OwnerView.
Racing newcomer Dan Schafer has reached an agreement with the owners of War Story to race the horse with his starting slot in the $12 million Pegasus World Cup Invitational Stakes (gr. I) Jan. 28 at Gulfstream Park.
Loooch Racing Stables' Mo Dont No, sixth of 10 in his first start around two turns in the Ohio Derby in open company, wheeled back a week and two days later to easily capture the $75,000 Daniel Stearns Cleveland Gold Cup July 4 at Thistledown.
Ron Paolucci started out with a $3,000 trotter at an Ohio harness track and parlayed his interest in the business into a large stable of horses that race at all levels, including graded stakes.
Fresh off the claim, Sr. Quisqueyano upset the $250,000 Florida Sunshine Millions Classic Jan. 17 at Gulfstream Park, holding off East Hall by a half-length in a shocker.
Unbridled's Note will be seeking his fourth stakes win over the Santa Anita Park downhill turf course as he tops the field of 11 older horses for the Eddie D. Stakes (gr. IIIT) Sept. 26.
With jockey Rosie Napravnik aboard, Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contender Ria Antonia breezed five-eighths of a mile in 1:00 3/5 at Churchill Downs April 23 as she continues to prep for the May 2 race.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup