Racing newcomer Dan Schafer has reached an agreement with the owners of War Story to race the horse with his starting slot in the $12 million Pegasus World Cup Invitational Stakes (gr. I) Jan. 28 at Gulfstream Park.
Loooch Racing Stables' Mo Dont No, sixth of 10 in his first start around two turns in the Ohio Derby in open company, wheeled back a week and two days later to easily capture the $75,000 Daniel Stearns Cleveland Gold Cup July 4 at Thistledown.
Ron Paolucci started out with a $3,000 trotter at an Ohio harness track and parlayed his interest in the business into a large stable of horses that race at all levels, including graded stakes.
Fresh off the claim, Sr. Quisqueyano upset the $250,000 Florida Sunshine Millions Classic Jan. 17 at Gulfstream Park, holding off East Hall by a half-length in a shocker.
Unbridled's Note will be seeking his fourth stakes win over the Santa Anita Park downhill turf course as he tops the field of 11 older horses for the Eddie D. Stakes (gr. IIIT) Sept. 26.
With jockey Rosie Napravnik aboard, Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contender Ria Antonia breezed five-eighths of a mile in 1:00 3/5 at Churchill Downs April 23 as she continues to prep for the May 2 race.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Noble Bird May Start in Pegasus
- New York trainer/breeder DiSanto Dies at 62
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Lockdown Cruises in Busanda Win
- High Profile Fillies in Fair Grounds Stakes
- Pletcher Contenders Breeze for Pegasus
- Barretts January Set for Familiar Fairplex Location