Loooch Racing Stables' Mo Dont No, sixth of 10 in his first start around two turns in the Ohio Derby in open company, wheeled back a week and two days later to easily capture the $75,000 Daniel Stearns Cleveland Gold Cup July 4 at Thistledown.
Ron Paolucci started out with a $3,000 trotter at an Ohio harness track and parlayed his interest in the business into a large stable of horses that race at all levels, including graded stakes.
Fresh off the claim, Sr. Quisqueyano upset the $250,000 Florida Sunshine Millions Classic Jan. 17 at Gulfstream Park, holding off East Hall by a half-length in a shocker.
Unbridled's Note will be seeking his fourth stakes win over the Santa Anita Park downhill turf course as he tops the field of 11 older horses for the Eddie D. Stakes (gr. IIIT) Sept. 26.
With jockey Rosie Napravnik aboard, Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contender Ria Antonia breezed five-eighths of a mile in 1:00 3/5 at Churchill Downs April 23 as she continues to prep for the May 2 race.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday