There will be no bid for a Canadian Triple Crown this year as Breaking Lucky came from last and pulled a 13-1 upset in the Prince of Wales Stakes July 28 at Fort Erie, denying Queen's Plate winner Shaman Ghost by a neck.
Lookin At Lucky ended the day as the favored individual contender for the May 1 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum Brands (gr. I), but the "all others" wagering interest was a heavy overall favorite.
Trainers Bob Baffert and Todd Pletcher hold the most firepower as Steve Haskin takes his first look at the trail to the 2010 Triple Crown.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs