Coming off a group I win in Ireland, Rainbow View can sew up a starting berth in the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) next month with a victory in Woodbine's $1 million E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) on the turf Oct. 17.
Lord Andrew Lloyd-Webber's Dar Re Mi became the first European horse to qualify for the 2009 Breeders' Cup World Championships following her half-length victory in the Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-I) June 27 at the Curragh.
The 2009 renewal of the Investec Oaks (Eng-I) has attracted 10 starters at the final 48-hour declaration stage. Run over 1 1/2 miles at Epsom Downs on Investec Ladies Day June 5 and worth about US$573,695), this year's contest promises to be a high-class renewal.
Sir Michael Stoute had won every other British classic at least twice, but a victory in the Ladbrokes St. Leger (Eng-I) had always eluded him. After 34 years of training, that omission from his resume was corrected when Frankie Dettori guided 8-1 shot Conduit to a comfortable three length win at Doncaster Sept. 13.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
The Juddmonte Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) victory of Look Here (GB) may have been a surprise to the bettors, but her staying ability should have been no surprise. In the male line, she is the fourth generation to prove able to win at 12 furlongs or better in group I-quality company.
Half-sister to recent Juddmonte Epsom Oaks (gr. I) winner Look Here will be offered.
Look Here surged clear with two furlongs to go to spring a 33-1 surprise in the Juddmonte Oaks (Eng-I) at Epsom June 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Park Cancels Card in Deluge
- Almoonqith Wins at Meydan, Cavalryman Injured
- Mongolian Khan Wins Duel for NZ Derby
- Devine Aida Aces Sloppy Herecomesthebride
- Illinois Racing Board Appointments Announced
- Godolphin One-Two in Chipping Norton Stakes
- Extra Two Days Approved for Oaklawn Season
- Pride of Dubai Wins Blue Diamond Thriller
- Shamal Wind, Suavito Sprint to Caulfield Wins
- Another Chapter for John Nerud