New faces and capital improvements will be evident at Delaware Park when the Stanton racetrack kicks off its 140-day meet April 7. Lured by $38.5 million in stakes and overnight purses for a daily average of $260,000, trainer D. Wayne Lukas will send 40 horses to Delaware Park for the first time, while Northern California trainers Lonnie Arteburn and Brent Sumja will also make their first trip. Each trainer will be represented by 30 horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Owner-Breeder Nelson Bunker Hunt Dies
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming