As much as his human opponents would love to see a Triple Crown, they still must go out and try their darndest to spoil the party. read blog
J. Keeler Johnson handicaps the Hanshin Cup Stakes, Sheepshead Bay Stakes, and Majestic Light Stakes. read blog
A historical look at the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), the second jewel of the Triple Crown. view infographic
J. Keeler Johnson shares his thoughts on three Kentucky Derby longshots that could finish in the superfecta at solid prices. read blog
Aqueduct Racetrack is unveiling a new simulcasting center and sports bar, Longshots, on the second floor April 5.
Steve shares his picks for Saturday's Breeders' Cup races. read blog
Steve gives you his longshots for the Breeders' Cup races on Friday. read blog
Friday actually has more intriguing longshot possibilities than Saturday, so here we go. read blog
These horses have the potential to light up the board at Churchill Downs read blog
This is part 1 of our annual Breeders' Cup longshot column, and you can bet there will be lots of bargains available this year, in what is without a doubt the most perplexing Breeders' Cup in history.
There are longshots galore in this year's BC, but Volponi is our best bet of the day.
Apprentice jockey Bacarra Rice, 22, who moved her tack to Philadelphia Park in June, pulled a rare double Sept. 23 when she booted home two horses that each returned more than $100 to win for a $2 wager.
A Little Luck won the final leg of an all-stakes pick four Calder offered as part of their Grand Slam II program Saturday, ensuring bettors would need a lot of luck to cash a ticket. The wager, with a $1 minimum bet, returned $77,762.40 for every dollar wagered on the winning combination as longshots won all four heats.
Most Popular Stories
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Divine Oath Holds On in McKnight Handicap
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Speechify Takes Mr. Prospector at Gulfstream
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph