Steve shares his picks for Saturday's Breeders' Cup races. read blog
Steve gives you his longshots for the Breeders' Cup races on Friday. read blog
Friday actually has more intriguing longshot possibilities than Saturday, so here we go. read blog
These horses have the potential to light up the board at Churchill Downs read blog
This is part 1 of our annual Breeders' Cup longshot column, and you can bet there will be lots of bargains available this year, in what is without a doubt the most perplexing Breeders' Cup in history.
There are longshots galore in this year's BC, but Volponi is our best bet of the day.
Apprentice jockey Bacarra Rice, 22, who moved her tack to Philadelphia Park in June, pulled a rare double Sept. 23 when she booted home two horses that each returned more than $100 to win for a $2 wager.
A Little Luck won the final leg of an all-stakes pick four Calder offered as part of their Grand Slam II program Saturday, ensuring bettors would need a lot of luck to cash a ticket. The wager, with a $1 minimum bet, returned $77,762.40 for every dollar wagered on the winning combination as longshots won all four heats.
Most Popular Stories
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Immediate Effects of Shoeing on Horses' Movement
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record