Steve shares his picks for Saturday's Breeders' Cup races. read blog
Steve gives you his longshots for the Breeders' Cup races on Friday. read blog
Friday actually has more intriguing longshot possibilities than Saturday, so here we go. read blog
These horses have the potential to light up the board at Churchill Downs read blog
This is part 1 of our annual Breeders' Cup longshot column, and you can bet there will be lots of bargains available this year, in what is without a doubt the most perplexing Breeders' Cup in history.
There are longshots galore in this year's BC, but Volponi is our best bet of the day.
Apprentice jockey Bacarra Rice, 22, who moved her tack to Philadelphia Park in June, pulled a rare double Sept. 23 when she booted home two horses that each returned more than $100 to win for a $2 wager.
A Little Luck won the final leg of an all-stakes pick four Calder offered as part of their Grand Slam II program Saturday, ensuring bettors would need a lot of luck to cash a ticket. The wager, with a $1 minimum bet, returned $77,762.40 for every dollar wagered on the winning combination as longshots won all four heats.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident