Sam-Son Farm's red and gold silks were in front as expected at the conclusion of the $275,250 Sky Classic Stakes (Can-II) Saturday at Woodbine, but the winning horse wasn't the prohibitive 3-10 favorite Strut the Stage.
Away from racing for 10 months with a stress fracture of the tibia, Strut the Stage has come back strongly in two starts. The talented Kentucky-bred will be difficult to beat in Saturday's $275,250 Sky Classic Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine.
Sam-Son Farm's Strut the Stage flashed his best stuff Monday on the Woodbine turf, capturing the $324,000 Niagara Breeders' Cup Handicap (Can-II) in impressive fashion for the second straight year.
Most Popular Stories
- Oaklawn Park Cancels Feb. 28 Racing
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- Trainer A. C. Avila Suspended, Fined by CHRB
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- Ben's Cat Maryland-Bred HOY for Fourth Year
- NJ Track Calls for End to Simulcast Impasse