Courtlandt Farm's Adriano, winner of the Lane's End Stakes (gr. II) at Turfway Park, continued his preparation for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) with a five-furlong work April 20 at Churchill Downs.
Nine 3-year-olds will go to postward in the 13th running of the $500,000-added Indiana Derby (gr. II). Scheduled as the ninth race on the 12-race card Oct. 6, the estimated post time for the Derby is 9:50 p.m. EDT.
Hard Spun likely has only three races left in his career. That was conformed when it was recently announced that the Danzig colt would stand for Darley after the Breeders' Cup. That means, Saturday's $250,000 King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I) may provide Hard Spun with his best chance to finally capture an elusive Grade I race, as he shortens up to seven furlongs in a test for 3-year-olds over Saratoga's main track.
Xchanger, who crumbled after setting the pace in the Preakness (gr. I) in his last start, atoned with a big effort while capturing the inaugural running of Delaware Park's $300,600 Barbaro Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds on Sunday.
Donald Adam's Longley could be peaking just in time for the inaugural running of the $300,000 Barbaro Stakes (gr. III), formerly the Leonard Richards, at Delaware Park on Sunday.
- By Steve Haskin
Inner track kingpin Summer Doldrums tries to defend his turf against eight rivals, including several quick invaders in Saturday's $200,000 Gotham Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Chapa's Fine Increased to $100,000
- California Chrome 'Tight Enough' for Dubai
- Toast of New York Out of Dubai World Cup
- American Pharoah Adds Another Bullet Work
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- That Handicapping Show: Santa Anita Handicap
- Belardo, Hootenanny Among Guineas Nominees
- Compromise Possible for Racing in Virginia
- Convictions in Billion-Dollar Bookmaking Case
- Saratoga Study Touts Impact of VLT Revenue