The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission announced May 6 that post-race test results from the Longines Kentucky Oaks and Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands, both grade I, were all clear.
Winchell Thoroughbreds homebred Untapable will break from the outside post 13 as the 4-5 morning line favorite in the May 2 Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
Find out the latest on the contenders for the May 2 Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) and May 3 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands by reviewing these daily updates from Churchill Downs and its Derby media team.
Under ideal conditions at Churchill Downs Sunday morning, April 27, seven contenders for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and several Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) candidates breezed.
My Miss Sophia and Got Lucky--two fillies trained by Todd Pletcher--went through their final paces in preparation for the Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) when they breezed four furlongs in :49 2/5 at Churchill Downs April 26.
It was a beautiful Saturday morning at Churchill Downs April 26 as a handful of hopefuls for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) went to the track.
Although a lot can change over the next 11 days, the early forecast for Kentucky Derby Day, May 3, is calling for a high temperature of 63 degrees, with morning showers.
The names of 121 fillies were on the list for the 140th Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), just one more than last year, when early nominations closed Feb. 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Belmont Fall Championship Meet Opens Sept. 5