In the International Federation of Horseracing Authorities' latest "World's Best Racehorses Rankings" for performances from Dec. 1, 2012, to June 9 of this year, three of the top four rated horses were based in the U.S.
Stephanie's Kitten took the rail trip to victory in the $500,000 Longines Just a Game Stakes (gr. IT) at Belmont Park June 8, digging in determinedly to best Better Lucky by half a length after a dogfight down the lane.
As fans started to trickle into Belmont Park on Saturday, June 8 for the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), the sun began to peek through scattered clouds as more than 24 hours of rain had finally halted.
The Maryland Jockey Club and Churchill Downs have announced sponsor partnerships with Longines, the Swiss watchmaker that has increased its involvement with Thoroughbred racing.
Six top-level races, ranging from sprints to long distance, will test some of Europe's best horses on Oct. 7 at Longchamp as part of the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) undercard.
Longines named as the new sponsor of the Hong Kong International Races. This year's event takes place Dec. 9 at Sha Tin Race Course.
Longines, the Switzerland-based watchmaker, has joined Churchill Downs in a partnership through which Longines will become the official watch and timekeeper of Churchill and the Kentucky Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Ramsey Farm 2013 - Ken Ramsey Interview
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk