Though the National Thoroughbred Racing Association and Breeders' Cup have picked up title sponsors--Dodge and Nextel--for two World Thoroughbred Championships events, the number of sponsors, at least as of June 25, is a wash compared with 2002. Two other companies--NAPA and Long John Silver's--are out as title sponsors after one year.
Long John Silver's, the seafood chain that will be part of Yum! Brands Inc., will serve as title sponsor of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) and presenting sponsor of the National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Summer Racing Series this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double