Though the National Thoroughbred Racing Association and Breeders' Cup have picked up title sponsors--Dodge and Nextel--for two World Thoroughbred Championships events, the number of sponsors, at least as of June 25, is a wash compared with 2002. Two other companies--NAPA and Long John Silver's--are out as title sponsors after one year.
Long John Silver's, the seafood chain that will be part of Yum! Brands Inc., will serve as title sponsor of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) and presenting sponsor of the National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Summer Racing Series this year.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified