Though the National Thoroughbred Racing Association and Breeders' Cup have picked up title sponsors--Dodge and Nextel--for two World Thoroughbred Championships events, the number of sponsors, at least as of June 25, is a wash compared with 2002. Two other companies--NAPA and Long John Silver's--are out as title sponsors after one year.
Long John Silver's, the seafood chain that will be part of Yum! Brands Inc., will serve as title sponsor of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) and presenting sponsor of the National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Summer Racing Series this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- Minimum Stakes Purse to Increase at Aqueduct
- Jara's Sister to Make Panama Riding Debut
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89