Breeders' Cup, Chilukki, Nashua, Tempted, Long Island, Autumn, Maple Leaf,
Celebrated equine sculptor and avid horsewoman Marilyn Newmark Meiselman died March 8 from pneumonia at the age of 84.
Darley Stable's homebred Criticism, just missing in her U.S. debut last month, left no doubt about her winning intentions in her second American start, as the 4-year-old filly took over in upper stretch and pulled away for a one-length victory in the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 1 on the Aqueduct turf.
IEAH Corporation, a subsidiary of International Equine Acquisitions Holdings, Inc. announced Thursday the formation of a state-of-the-art veterinary clinic located across the street from Belmont Park that will be run by noted veterinarians James Hunt and Patricia Hogan.
Augustin Stable's Latice has traveled all over in her 10-race career. The Irish bred's world tour takes a stop at Aqueduct on Saturday for the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT).
Gary Tanaka's Eleusis, a 3-year-old filly making her first start in the United States, put away favored Arvada in the final furlong to register her first graded or group win in the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares on the Aqueduct turf Saturday.
Arvada, a two-time winner for trainer Bobby Frankel on turf at Saratoga, is the 117-pound co-highweight for the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT), a race for fillies and mares at a mile and a half on the Aqueduct Park lawn Saturday.
The estate of Ogden Phipps has reached an agreement with Kean Development Co. for the sale of a 158-acre wooded tract of land of the Phipps family's Old Westbury property on Long Island, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill