Jockey Tyler Baze got a good feeling Nick Alexander's Enola Gray would take to a new surface for her first grass start Oct. 15, when the Grazen filly warmed up and traveled up the Santa Anita Park hillside turf course.
Prize Exhibit swept past rivals down the middle of the Santa Antia Park turf course and won the $100,000 Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies June 27 in a swift last-to-first rally.
A field of nine 3-year-old fillies will seek their first graded stakes victory in the $100,000 Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) June 27 at Santa Anita Park.
Long Hot Summer, a Street Boss filly raised at the same ranch as California Chrome, topped the Barretts May 2-year-old sale at $260,000. She was one of seven six-figure horses at the sale, held May 12 in Pomona, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million