Frank Stronach's Giant Gizmo landed a third consecutive score and proved his affinity for the 1 1/16-mile distance when he took control of the $400,000 Lone Star Park Handicap (gr. III) and rolled home a solid winner in Texas May 26.
Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie's $400,000 Lone Star Derby (gr. III) highlights the Dallas-Fort Worth area racetrack's 2008 spring Thoroughbred season, which will feature 32 stakes events worth more than $3.5-million.
Lone Star Park returns to a spring-only Thoroughbred meeting in 2005 with a 67-date season from April 14-July 17, featuring 37 stakes races totaling $4.075-million.
Trainer Bob Baffert and jockey Pat Day will try capturing the marquee event on Texas' richest day of racing Monday with grade I winner Congaree.
One race after Dixie Dot Com takes on seven rivals in Monday's $300,000 Lone Star Park Handicap (gr. III), Hallowed Dreams will race outside of her home state for the first time. The Louisiana-bred daughter of Malagra, who won her first 16 career races, is the 7-5 morning-line favorite and 123-pound highweight for the $100,000 Valid Expectation Handicap. The Valid Expectations and Lone Star Park Handicaps are part of a seven stakes race program billed as "Lone Star Million Day."
Most Popular Stories
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Three-Time Grade I Winner Behrens Dies
- Fast Anna Gets Class Relief in Gallant Bob
- Equine Encephalitis Reported in New York
- Oversight Board Reviews NYRA Finances
- Velazquez to Ride Euro Charline in QEII