Eagle Mountain, an Irish champion and runner-up in the 2008 Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), has been retired from racing after injuring a tendon while in training.
Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) winner Magical Romance set a world auction record for a broodmare or broodmare prospect when purchased by agent James Wigan for 4.6 million guineas (about $9.35 million) at Tattersalls' December Sale in Newmarket on Tuesday, Nov. 28.
Recent group I Sun Chariot Stakes heroine Spinning Queen (by Spinning World) spear-headed a dramatic opening breeding stock day at the Tattersalls December Sale in Newmarket when selling for 3 million guineas (about $6.1 million), a record at the event.
Entrepreneur, an English classic winner who stood the last three breeding seasons in Japan, has been sold to stand at historic Voskhod Stud in Russia.
July Cup (Eng-I) heroine Frizzante (GB) realized 500,000gns at the Tattersalls December Sale in Newmarket Wednesday night when bought by James Wigan of London Thoroughbred Services.
Prince Khalid Abdulla's 2-year-old American Post, supplemented for Saturday's Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I) for £17,500, delivered in a big way at Doncaster with a 1 3/4-length victory over Fantastic View.
Fantastic View moved into consideration for next year's 2,000 Guineas after an easy four-length victory in the Tom McGee Autumn Stakes (Eng-III) for 2-year-olds Saturday at Ascot.
Most Popular Stories
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004