Grade I winner Boisterous is looking to get back on track in the $200,000 Knickerbocker Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 12 at Belmont Park, a race he has won twice before, but Live Oak Plantation's Za Approval looms large.
Phipps Stable's Boisterous, winner of the Man o' War Stakes (gr. IT) and Monmouth Stakes (gr. IIT) this summer, is looking to get back to the winner's circle in the Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT) at Belmont Park Sept. 7.
Boisterous may have won the Man o' War Stakes (gr. IT) last time out at Belmont Park, but he isn't scaring away competition from the Aug. 17 Sword Dancer Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) at Saratoga Race Course.
Maryland shipper London Lane, ignored at odds of 50-1, charged from the rear down the center of the track to land the $300,000 Colonial Turf Cup (gr. IIT) in a shocker June 22 at Colonial Downs.
Atigun and Air Support head a solid field of eight older horses, including Swift Warrior, ready to duke it out in the $300,000 Colonial Turf Cup Stakes (gr. IIT) June 22 at Colonial Downs.
Roman Tiger, whose two stakes wins this year include a triumph in the Tampa Bay Stakes, headlines a field of nine in the Sussex Stakes at the same 1 1/16-mile distance as the Tampa Bay Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk
- Lasix-Free BC Juveniles Show Few EIPH Cases
- Louies Flower Blooms in Springboard Mile