Thomas Van Meter II's Be Gentle took the early lead under Cornelio Velasquez and never looked back, romping to a decisive 5 1/2-length victory Friday in the $400,000 Darley Alcibiades (gr. II) at Keeneland Racecourse.
The Darley Alcibiades Stakes (gr. II) on Keeneland's opening day card Oct. 3 is likely to have a field of seven 2-year-old fillies according to track officials. The 1 1/16-miles, two-turn race has proven to be a valuable prep for the World Thoroughbred Championships.
As Marylebone and Lokoya battled head-and-head in the stretch, the only thing that was certain in Sunday's $200,000 Matron (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at Belmont Park was that trainer Todd Pletcher was going to the winner's circle.
A field of eight 2-year-old fillies, including a trio from the Todd Pletcher barn, will contest the $200,000 Matron (gr. I) Sunday at Belmont Park over one mile.
Unbridled Beauty, a $750,000 yearling purchase at Fasig-Tipton's Saratoga's yearling sale a year ago, returns to The Spa in Monday's $150,000 Adirondack Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Sircat Sally Faces Stiff Test in San Clemente
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Remembering Ben's Cat