Teruya Yoshida's homebred Logotype, Japan's champion 2-year-old male last season, stormed to a course-record win in the Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I) or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas at Nakayama Racecourse April 14.
Logotype turned back a strong challenge from favorite Codino and prevailed by a neck in a thrilling upset performance in Japan's top race for juvenile males, the Asahi Hai Futurity Stakes (Jpn-I), on Dec. 16.
Silent Witness suffered the second narrow defeat of his career when he finished third in the $2 million Yasuda Kinen (Jpn-I) Sunday at Fuchu Racecourse in Tokyo. Asakusa Den'en won the one-mile event before a crowd of more than 75,000.
Lucky Owners, owned by Mr. And Mrs. Leung Kai Fai, pulled off a mild 5-1 upset in the Sunday afternoon's Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) at Sha Tin Racecourse. Bowman's Crossing was second, a half-length off the winner, and was 1 1/4-lengths ahead of race favorite Lohengrin, who finished third.
Sarafan, who galloped over the track Thursday morning, was scratched from Sunday's Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) on the Hong Kong International Races program. The American-based runner, trained by Neil Drysdale, was reported to have tested positive for the steroid methylprednisolone.
Nebraska Tornado became a potential star for trainer Andre Fabre after his 3-year-old filly, ridden by Richard Hughes, defeated a powerful field in Sunday's $337,020 Netjets Prix du Moulin de Longchamp (Fr-I).
The 53rd running of the Yasuda Memorial (Jpn-I) at Tokyo June 8 saw fourth-pick Agnes Digital back at the top after a stretch rally that put him over the line a neck ahead of Admire Max (Sunday Silence--Dyna Shoot, by Northern Taste) in record time.
Most Popular Stories
- Subjective vs. Objective Lameness Identification Methods
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76