Ben Walden Jr., president of Hurricane Hall, announced that New York grade II winner Teuflesberg (Johannesburg -- St. Michele, by Devil's Bag) arrived Feb. 1 at the Lexington farm for the 2008 breeding season.
Grade II winner Teuflesberg will enter stud at Hurricane Hall near Lexington for a fee of $10,000.
Teuflesberg took the lead in the stretch and captured a 2 3/4-length victory in the $75,000 Sugar Bowl Stakes for 2-year-olds, the Christmas Eve feature Sunday at Fair Grounds.
Dr. James G. Logsdon, a prominent veterinarian at Oaklawn Park and tracks in the Chicago area, died May 27 at St. Vincent's Infirmary in Little Rock, Ark,. after a lengthy battle with cancer.
Trainer Thomasine Logsdon Bandle, a trainer for 52 years, died in April at her Shawneetown, Ill., farm after suffering from a blood clot to the lungs.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million