Ben Walden Jr., president of Hurricane Hall, announced that New York grade II winner Teuflesberg (Johannesburg -- St. Michele, by Devil's Bag) arrived Feb. 1 at the Lexington farm for the 2008 breeding season.
Grade II winner Teuflesberg will enter stud at Hurricane Hall near Lexington for a fee of $10,000.
Teuflesberg took the lead in the stretch and captured a 2 3/4-length victory in the $75,000 Sugar Bowl Stakes for 2-year-olds, the Christmas Eve feature Sunday at Fair Grounds.
Dr. James G. Logsdon, a prominent veterinarian at Oaklawn Park and tracks in the Chicago area, died May 27 at St. Vincent's Infirmary in Little Rock, Ark,. after a lengthy battle with cancer.
Trainer Thomasine Logsdon Bandle, a trainer for 52 years, died in April at her Shawneetown, Ill., farm after suffering from a blood clot to the lungs.
Most Popular Stories
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Daring Dancer Wins Appalachian With Key Move
- European Mark Smashed Again at Tattersalls
- Strait of Mewsina Sires First Foal