Ben Walden Jr., president of Hurricane Hall, announced that New York grade II winner Teuflesberg (Johannesburg -- St. Michele, by Devil's Bag) arrived Feb. 1 at the Lexington farm for the 2008 breeding season.
Grade II winner Teuflesberg will enter stud at Hurricane Hall near Lexington for a fee of $10,000.
Teuflesberg took the lead in the stretch and captured a 2 3/4-length victory in the $75,000 Sugar Bowl Stakes for 2-year-olds, the Christmas Eve feature Sunday at Fair Grounds.
Dr. James G. Logsdon, a prominent veterinarian at Oaklawn Park and tracks in the Chicago area, died May 27 at St. Vincent's Infirmary in Little Rock, Ark,. after a lengthy battle with cancer.
Trainer Thomasine Logsdon Bandle, a trainer for 52 years, died in April at her Shawneetown, Ill., farm after suffering from a blood clot to the lungs.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September
- Haskin: The Saint of Saratoga