Ten Most Wanted, runner-up in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), worked six furlongs in a bullet 1:11.80 Thursday for trainer Wally Dollase to signal his readiness for a return in the $400,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. Ii) for 3-year-olds at 1 1/8 miles on July 13.
A 10-horse field, including three 3-year-olds trained by Bob Baffert, were entered for Saturday's $750,000, grade I Santa Anita Derby at 1 1/8 miles.
Rapidly maturing Ministers Wild Cat, a colt who drifted in during the stretch run of his last two races, will wear blinkers for the first time in Saturday's $750,000 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I), trainer Neil Drysdale said.
Trainer Craig Dollase said he is "strongly considering" the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) for Logician, the $520,000 son of Tabasco Cat that prompted the pace and held well to finish a surprising fourth in the San Felipe Stakes (gr. II).
Unheralded Buddy Gil and jockey Gary Stevens came out of nowhere to hold off a flying Atswhatimtalknbout by a nostril in Sunday's $250,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Santa Anita.
Most of the 10 candidates entered for Sunday's 1 1/16-mile San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) virtually are committed to run, despite a weather forecast that calls for a 70 percent chance of rain on Saturday and the likelihood of an off track.
There may be rain in the forecast, but Man Among Men will run in Sunday's $250,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita, weather or not.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Fawkner, Adelaide Among Cox Plate Favorites