The Tattersalls December foal sale got off to a slow start Nov. 25 in England. The 76 horses sold (from 189 offered) grossed 274,700 guineas and averaged 3,614 guineas. The median price was 2,000 guineas. Last year, during the opening session, the 131 horses sold grossed 1,086,600 guineas and averaged 8,295 guineas. The median was 4,000 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct