The Tattersalls December foal sale got off to a slow start Nov. 25 in England. The 76 horses sold (from 189 offered) grossed 274,700 guineas and averaged 3,614 guineas. The median price was 2,000 guineas. Last year, during the opening session, the 131 horses sold grossed 1,086,600 guineas and averaged 8,295 guineas. The median was 4,000 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Rise Up Scores for Late Sire Rockport Harbor
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Turfway Cancels Card Because of Weather
- Silver Returns to New York Racing Association
- Chasing Landaluce
- Equine Sector Helps Boost KY Ag Receipts