A record-breaking penultimate session of Tattersalls' Autumn Horses In Training sale Wednesday produced a turnover of nearly 10 million guineas helped by two lots making 440,000 guineas.
The Aga Khan's homebred Kerashan (Ire) topped day two of Tattersalls' Autumn Horses In Training Sale Tuesday when bought for 300,000gns by soon-to-retire trainer David Loder.
The promise of a "family affair" was kept Saturday at Haydock Park with the result of the group I William Hill Sprint Cup. Goodricke, carrying the colors of Sheikh Mohammed, held off the speedy filly La Cucaracha to notch his first group I score.
Godolphin Racing has revealed that the American-bred Great Exhibition is its main hope for the UAE Derby (UAE-II) at Nad Al Sheba on Dubai World Cup night March 27.
Trainer David Loder announced Dec. 6 his intention to retire at the end of the 2003 season.
Godolphin Racing's Noverre rallied from off the pace to win Friday's thehorsesmouth.co.uk Champagne Stakes (Eng-II) by 1 1/4 lengths over CD Europe at Doncaster, England. Noverre is by Rahy and out of Danseur Fabuleux, who also produced Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Arazi.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger
- Keeneland September Yearling Sale Wrap 2014
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion