A record-breaking penultimate session of Tattersalls' Autumn Horses In Training sale Wednesday produced a turnover of nearly 10 million guineas helped by two lots making 440,000 guineas.
The Aga Khan's homebred Kerashan (Ire) topped day two of Tattersalls' Autumn Horses In Training Sale Tuesday when bought for 300,000gns by soon-to-retire trainer David Loder.
The promise of a "family affair" was kept Saturday at Haydock Park with the result of the group I William Hill Sprint Cup. Goodricke, carrying the colors of Sheikh Mohammed, held off the speedy filly La Cucaracha to notch his first group I score.
Godolphin Racing has revealed that the American-bred Great Exhibition is its main hope for the UAE Derby (UAE-II) at Nad Al Sheba on Dubai World Cup night March 27.
Trainer David Loder announced Dec. 6 his intention to retire at the end of the 2003 season.
Godolphin Racing's Noverre rallied from off the pace to win Friday's thehorsesmouth.co.uk Champagne Stakes (Eng-II) by 1 1/4 lengths over CD Europe at Doncaster, England. Noverre is by Rahy and out of Danseur Fabuleux, who also produced Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Arazi.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory