A record-breaking penultimate session of Tattersalls' Autumn Horses In Training sale Wednesday produced a turnover of nearly 10 million guineas helped by two lots making 440,000 guineas.
The Aga Khan's homebred Kerashan (Ire) topped day two of Tattersalls' Autumn Horses In Training Sale Tuesday when bought for 300,000gns by soon-to-retire trainer David Loder.
The promise of a "family affair" was kept Saturday at Haydock Park with the result of the group I William Hill Sprint Cup. Goodricke, carrying the colors of Sheikh Mohammed, held off the speedy filly La Cucaracha to notch his first group I score.
Godolphin Racing has revealed that the American-bred Great Exhibition is its main hope for the UAE Derby (UAE-II) at Nad Al Sheba on Dubai World Cup night March 27.
Trainer David Loder announced Dec. 6 his intention to retire at the end of the 2003 season.
Godolphin Racing's Noverre rallied from off the pace to win Friday's thehorsesmouth.co.uk Champagne Stakes (Eng-II) by 1 1/4 lengths over CD Europe at Doncaster, England. Noverre is by Rahy and out of Danseur Fabuleux, who also produced Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Arazi.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Calvin Borel Returns to Riding at Ellis Park
- Flintshire Dominant Again in Sword Dancer
- Cavorting on Top in Personal Ensign
- A.P. Indian Gets Second Grade I in Forego
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief