Jockey Philip Robinson guided the 6-year-old Rakti to the front early and went on to a five-length romp and a Newbury track record in the Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I) Saturday.
Cheveley Park's Russian Rhythm, a classic winner at 3 when she captured the 1,000 Guineas last year, became the first filly in 20 years to win the Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I) at Newbury Saturday.
Hawk Wing, often maligned for not quite getting the job done, took a big step toward dispelling that perception with a powerful 11-length romp in Saturday's Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I) at Newbury.
Cheveley Park Stud's homebred Medicean rallied from fifth place in the early going under jockey Kieren Fallon to earn a neck-length victory over Warningford in the final strides of the Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I) on Saturday at Newbury. Pacesetting 7-4 favorite Swallow Flight finished another neck back in third.
Most Popular Stories
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees