Jockey Philip Robinson guided the 6-year-old Rakti to the front early and went on to a five-length romp and a Newbury track record in the Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I) Saturday.
Cheveley Park's Russian Rhythm, a classic winner at 3 when she captured the 1,000 Guineas last year, became the first filly in 20 years to win the Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I) at Newbury Saturday.
Hawk Wing, often maligned for not quite getting the job done, took a big step toward dispelling that perception with a powerful 11-length romp in Saturday's Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I) at Newbury.
Cheveley Park Stud's homebred Medicean rallied from fifth place in the early going under jockey Kieren Fallon to earn a neck-length victory over Warningford in the final strides of the Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I) on Saturday at Newbury. Pacesetting 7-4 favorite Swallow Flight finished another neck back in third.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf