Jockey Philip Robinson guided the 6-year-old Rakti to the front early and went on to a five-length romp and a Newbury track record in the Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I) Saturday.
Cheveley Park's Russian Rhythm, a classic winner at 3 when she captured the 1,000 Guineas last year, became the first filly in 20 years to win the Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I) at Newbury Saturday.
Hawk Wing, often maligned for not quite getting the job done, took a big step toward dispelling that perception with a powerful 11-length romp in Saturday's Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I) at Newbury.
Cheveley Park Stud's homebred Medicean rallied from fifth place in the early going under jockey Kieren Fallon to earn a neck-length victory over Warningford in the final strides of the Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I) on Saturday at Newbury. Pacesetting 7-4 favorite Swallow Flight finished another neck back in third.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding