Fueled by three horses that sold for more than $200,000 apiece, the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale kept churning out impressive results during its second session after getting off to a fast start on its opening day.
The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale has a new price leader. An Arch filly brought $260,000 at about 2:30 p.m. EDT during the auction's second session Oct. 25 in Lexington.
Sale records were established for the number of horses sold, gross revenue, and average price at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling auction, which ended on Wednesday. In addition, more horses were sold for six-figure prices than ever before.
Most Popular Stories
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Los Alamitos Earns NTRA Safety Accreditation
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees
- Integral Flies to Victory in Falmouth Stakes