Irish-bred Up and her yearling War Front filly bring $2.2 million and $800,000, respectively, at Keeneland January's second session, where average eked out an increase but median fell.
Aptly named Up, a multiple group stakes-winning daughter of top international sire Galileo, lit up the bid board when she was sold for $2.2 million during the Jan. 13 second session of the Keeneland horses of all ages sale.
Keeneland's January horses of all ages sale kicked off with solid trade and a gain in median but few fireworks during the opening session Jan. 6 in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother
- Sportive Overcomes Fog to Win Portland Mile
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- First Reported Foal for Gig Harbor is Colt
- Wildcat Red Sidelined with Back Muscle Pull
- Options Abound for Holy Bull Winner Upstart
- Bob Neumeier Wins Celebrity Challenge at NHC
- Rising Star Cassatt Captures Ladies Classic