Tom Dixon, the insurance adjuster who gave the go-ahead to euthanize Alydar after he was found in his stall with a broken hind leg, provides his never-before-released recollections of Alydar's injuries, death, and the legal aftermath of the tragedy.
Global insurer Lloyd's of London presented the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture a check for $45,000 Sept. 22 in continuing support of "The Equine Disease Quarterly," an equine health research publication produced by the Department of Veterinary Science.
Grade I winner A P Valentine has arrived for stallion duty at Dr. William Day's Cedar Creek Farm near Brenham, Texas.
Prospective foal insurance used to be about the new owner of a pregnant broodmare protecting his investment after the purchase. At this year's Keeneland November breeding stock sale, insurance coverage became an incentive to buy the mare in the first place.
Dubai Millennium's death has opened the way for a huge insurance claim. According to the Racing Post, Dubai Millennium was insured through Lloyd's of London for a sum believed to be in the region of £30 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh