Global insurer Lloyd's of London presented the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture a check for $45,000 Sept. 22 in continuing support of "The Equine Disease Quarterly," an equine health research publication produced by the Department of Veterinary Science.
Grade I winner A P Valentine has arrived for stallion duty at Dr. William Day's Cedar Creek Farm near Brenham, Texas.
Prospective foal insurance used to be about the new owner of a pregnant broodmare protecting his investment after the purchase. At this year's Keeneland November breeding stock sale, insurance coverage became an incentive to buy the mare in the first place.
Dubai Millennium's death has opened the way for a huge insurance claim. According to the Racing Post, Dubai Millennium was insured through Lloyd's of London for a sum believed to be in the region of £30 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week
- Early Claiming Activity Robust at Oaklawn
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- First Reported Foal for Jimmy Creed