Tom Dixon, the insurance adjuster who gave the go-ahead to euthanize Alydar after he was found in his stall with a broken hind leg, provides his never-before-released recollections of Alydar's injuries, death, and the legal aftermath of the tragedy.
Global insurer Lloyd's of London presented the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture a check for $45,000 Sept. 22 in continuing support of "The Equine Disease Quarterly," an equine health research publication produced by the Department of Veterinary Science.
Grade I winner A P Valentine has arrived for stallion duty at Dr. William Day's Cedar Creek Farm near Brenham, Texas.
Prospective foal insurance used to be about the new owner of a pregnant broodmare protecting his investment after the purchase. At this year's Keeneland November breeding stock sale, insurance coverage became an incentive to buy the mare in the first place.
Dubai Millennium's death has opened the way for a huge insurance claim. According to the Racing Post, Dubai Millennium was insured through Lloyd's of London for a sum believed to be in the region of £30 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Los Alamitos Meet Set to Kick Off July 6
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- The Week in Photos 6/27/2017
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop