Tom Dixon, the insurance adjuster who gave the go-ahead to euthanize Alydar after he was found in his stall with a broken hind leg, provides his never-before-released recollections of Alydar's injuries, death, and the legal aftermath of the tragedy.
Global insurer Lloyd's of London presented the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture a check for $45,000 Sept. 22 in continuing support of "The Equine Disease Quarterly," an equine health research publication produced by the Department of Veterinary Science.
Grade I winner A P Valentine has arrived for stallion duty at Dr. William Day's Cedar Creek Farm near Brenham, Texas.
Prospective foal insurance used to be about the new owner of a pregnant broodmare protecting his investment after the purchase. At this year's Keeneland November breeding stock sale, insurance coverage became an incentive to buy the mare in the first place.
Dubai Millennium's death has opened the way for a huge insurance claim. According to the Racing Post, Dubai Millennium was insured through Lloyd's of London for a sum believed to be in the region of £30 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz