Our Man Luke gave trainer Lloyd Mason his 1,000th career win when he closed from off the pace under Russell Baze to take the fifth race at the San Joaquin County Fair at StocktonJune 27.
Five of the six horses previously identified with equine herpesvirus type 1 at Golden Gate Fields tested negative in samples taken Jan. 5, the director of the large animal clinic at the University of California-Davis reported.
Five more horses from trainer Lloyd Mason's barn at Golden Gate Fields have tested positive for a neurogenic strain of equine herpesvirus after final samples were tested on New Year's Day, although none are showing symptoms of the illness, officials said Jan. 3.
The equine herpes virus quarantine continued at three Bay Area tracks Dec. 31 as Northern California horsemen await test results that won't be known until after the New Year's weekend.
Golden Gate Fields, Bay Meadows and Pleasanton were placed under quarantine Dec. 29 after a horse from Golden Gate was diagnosed as positive for the neurogenic strain of EHV-1.
Jockey Sunny Ho, a 40-year-old native of Hong Kong, scored his first U.S. victory and only his second career win when he hustled 59-1 Peters Punkin to a hard-fought triumph in the fifth race at Golden Gate Fields Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos