Our Man Luke gave trainer Lloyd Mason his 1,000th career win when he closed from off the pace under Russell Baze to take the fifth race at the San Joaquin County Fair at StocktonJune 27.
Five of the six horses previously identified with equine herpesvirus type 1 at Golden Gate Fields tested negative in samples taken Jan. 5, the director of the large animal clinic at the University of California-Davis reported.
Five more horses from trainer Lloyd Mason's barn at Golden Gate Fields have tested positive for a neurogenic strain of equine herpesvirus after final samples were tested on New Year's Day, although none are showing symptoms of the illness, officials said Jan. 3.
The equine herpes virus quarantine continued at three Bay Area tracks Dec. 31 as Northern California horsemen await test results that won't be known until after the New Year's weekend.
- By Tracy Gantz
Golden Gate Fields, Bay Meadows and Pleasanton were placed under quarantine Dec. 29 after a horse from Golden Gate was diagnosed as positive for the neurogenic strain of EHV-1.
Jockey Sunny Ho, a 40-year-old native of Hong Kong, scored his first U.S. victory and only his second career win when he hustled 59-1 Peters Punkin to a hard-fought triumph in the fifth race at Golden Gate Fields Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness