Champali and the nation's leading rider by wins, Rafael Bejarano, won the Phoenix Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland Friday.
Now that his veteran stakes winner Champali has returned to the winner's circle, trainer Greg Foley is looking toward a future on both the main track and the turf course for his 4-year-old star.
Lloyd Madison Farm's Champali, named in honor of legendary heavyweight boxing champion Muhammad Ali, will be looking to score a knockout of his own when he returns from an illness to head a field of eight 3-year-olds in the $100,000 Northern Dancer Stakes on Saturday at Churchill Downs.
Lloyd Madison Farms LLC's Champali, the unbeaten winner of the Iroquois (gr. III), tuned up for a scheduled run in the Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) with a strong five furlong work Saturday at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- American Gaming Association Adds Churchill
- Finger Lakes Launches ADW Site
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat