Champali and the nation's leading rider by wins, Rafael Bejarano, won the Phoenix Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland Friday.
Now that his veteran stakes winner Champali has returned to the winner's circle, trainer Greg Foley is looking toward a future on both the main track and the turf course for his 4-year-old star.
Lloyd Madison Farm's Champali, named in honor of legendary heavyweight boxing champion Muhammad Ali, will be looking to score a knockout of his own when he returns from an illness to head a field of eight 3-year-olds in the $100,000 Northern Dancer Stakes on Saturday at Churchill Downs.
Lloyd Madison Farms LLC's Champali, the unbeaten winner of the Iroquois (gr. III), tuned up for a scheduled run in the Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) with a strong five furlong work Saturday at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online