Champali and the nation's leading rider by wins, Rafael Bejarano, won the Phoenix Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland Friday.
Now that his veteran stakes winner Champali has returned to the winner's circle, trainer Greg Foley is looking toward a future on both the main track and the turf course for his 4-year-old star.
Lloyd Madison Farm's Champali, named in honor of legendary heavyweight boxing champion Muhammad Ali, will be looking to score a knockout of his own when he returns from an illness to head a field of eight 3-year-olds in the $100,000 Northern Dancer Stakes on Saturday at Churchill Downs.
Lloyd Madison Farms LLC's Champali, the unbeaten winner of the Iroquois (gr. III), tuned up for a scheduled run in the Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) with a strong five furlong work Saturday at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate