The California Horse Racing Board granted a conditional license to Capitol Racing Association on July 24 to continue to operate a harness meeting at Cal Expo in Sacramento, contingent on it settling a lawsuit with the fair over its lease arrangement.
Cal Expo will provide a portion of its harness racing handle to support a Sacramento, Calif., homeless shelter facing possible closure under an agreement announced June 6 by a California state assemblyman and exposition officials.
In an effort to fund a winter homeless shelter at Cal Expo in Sacramento, a California lawmaker has proposed a bill that would reopen the bidding on the facility's Standardbred license.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- Ward Sends Talented Duo to Juvenile Turf
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- The Big Apple's Big Vote
- Fair Grounds Ordered to Restore Purse Funds
- Presque Isle Horsemen Payments Delayed
- NJ Sports Betting Put on Hold by Court Order