The California Horse Racing Board granted a conditional license to Capitol Racing Association on July 24 to continue to operate a harness meeting at Cal Expo in Sacramento, contingent on it settling a lawsuit with the fair over its lease arrangement.
Cal Expo will provide a portion of its harness racing handle to support a Sacramento, Calif., homeless shelter facing possible closure under an agreement announced June 6 by a California state assemblyman and exposition officials.
In an effort to fund a winter homeless shelter at Cal Expo in Sacramento, a California lawmaker has proposed a bill that would reopen the bidding on the facility's Standardbred license.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby