The California Horse Racing Board granted a conditional license to Capitol Racing Association on July 24 to continue to operate a harness meeting at Cal Expo in Sacramento, contingent on it settling a lawsuit with the fair over its lease arrangement.
Cal Expo will provide a portion of its harness racing handle to support a Sacramento, Calif., homeless shelter facing possible closure under an agreement announced June 6 by a California state assemblyman and exposition officials.
In an effort to fund a winter homeless shelter at Cal Expo in Sacramento, a California lawmaker has proposed a bill that would reopen the bidding on the facility's Standardbred license.
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana