Renowned equine photojournalist Barbara D. Livingston is recording her Saratoga summer in pictures and words in the Saratoga Photo Diary feature currently running on Bloodhorse.com.
After an absence of more than 55 years, a classic, life-sized bronze sculpture of the legendary racehorse Seabiscuit has started its long journey home to Ridgewood Ranch in Willits, Calif. It will visit key sites in Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and the San Francisco Bay Area before a police-escorted arrival in Willits April 18.
King's Swan, a gelding so popular he was honored with a retirement ceremony at Aqueduct, died Feb. 7 at Mid-Atlantic Equine Medical Center in New Jersey.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Barbara Livingston, recipient of the 2001 Eclipse Award for photography, had her statuette stolen at the award ceremony Feb. 18. The Eclipse Award dinner was held at the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami Beach, Fla.
Barbara D. Livingston's photo of a Thoroughbred during a workout, which appeared on the cover of the March/April 2001 issue of The Thoroughbred Chronicle, has won the Eclipse Award for Photography. This is Livingston's second Eclipse Award for photography.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Pleasantly Perfect Sold to Stand in Turkey
- That Handicapping Show: Breeders' Cup Friday
- Sherman, Others Honored by Turf Writers
- Eastern Fillies Top Good Field in Goldikova
- Breeders' Cup Friday Selections
- TVG Offering Shared Belief Guaranteed Odds
- Identifying Profitable Yearlings In-Utero
- Smith Has Calming Influence on Tom's Tribute
- BC 2014: Shared Belief at Santa Anita