Renowned equine photojournalist Barbara D. Livingston is recording her Saratoga summer in pictures and words in the Saratoga Photo Diary feature currently running on Bloodhorse.com.
After an absence of more than 55 years, a classic, life-sized bronze sculpture of the legendary racehorse Seabiscuit has started its long journey home to Ridgewood Ranch in Willits, Calif. It will visit key sites in Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and the San Francisco Bay Area before a police-escorted arrival in Willits April 18.
King's Swan, a gelding so popular he was honored with a retirement ceremony at Aqueduct, died Feb. 7 at Mid-Atlantic Equine Medical Center in New Jersey.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Barbara Livingston, recipient of the 2001 Eclipse Award for photography, had her statuette stolen at the award ceremony Feb. 18. The Eclipse Award dinner was held at the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami Beach, Fla.
Barbara D. Livingston's photo of a Thoroughbred during a workout, which appeared on the cover of the March/April 2001 issue of The Thoroughbred Chronicle, has won the Eclipse Award for Photography. This is Livingston's second Eclipse Award for photography.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released