Oaklawn Park has canceled live race cards for Jan. 12 and 13 due to unsafe track conditions caused by heavy rains in Hot Springs, Ark.
Two consultants will soon issue a report recommending ways for Ohio to improve live racing apart from the anticipated revenue from video lottery terminals.
The New England Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association was prepared to offer a counterproposal to the management of Suffolk Downs Feb. 9 in an attempt to get back to the bargaining table and end their dispute.
Due to expected rain, sleet, and icy conditions, Aqueduct will not have live racing on Wednesday, Feb. 2. A decision on whether simulcasting will be available at Aqueduct will be made the morning of Feb. 2.
Live racing at Charles Town Races and Slots in West Virginia returned Saturday, Sept. 25 after a 12-day hiatus in which the track was forced to cancel eight days their live racing program. The facility was open for simulcasting during the respite.
Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort, which was involved in a dispute with the Mountaineer Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association over a live racing and simulcast contract earlier this year, has announced an expanded live racing schedule for the remainder of 2003.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Moshaagib to Enter Stud at Nicks Farm
- Tom Chuckas to Resign as President of MJC
- Upcoming Open Houses, Stallion Shows
- That Handicapping Show: Clark Handicap
- Irish Jockey Suspended After Drug Positive
- Tampa Bay 2014-15 Meet Kicks Off Nov. 29
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager