The 2013 Thoroughbred Live Foal Report from The Blood-Horse is based on the annual report of the North American foal crop from The Jockey Club and includes lists of all stallions with nine or more foals. Download Now
The Jockey Club announces Sept. 13 it has received 22,001 live foal reports through Sept. 9, down 2.2% from last year at this time. The estimated crop for 2013 is 23,500.
TJC releases its Live Foal Report: Crop of 2012 at 22,500; down 4.5% from last year. When all the reporting is done the foal crop should weigh in at 24,700 foals.
There were few surprises Sept. 15 when The Jockey Club released the live foal report for 2011 that showed 23,558 live foals have been registered through Sept. 7 with a total North American crop estimation of 27,000. Download Report
Download your FREE BloodHorse.com report: 2010 Thoroughbred Live Foal Report, which includes statistics for stallions with nine or more foals. Download Report
- By Blood-Horse Staff
- Breeding, International, Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky
The Jockey Club has reported that 3,130 stallions covered 49,404 mares in North America during 2009.
The Jockey Club has reported that 3,992 stallions covered 64,123 mares in North America during 2005, according to statistics compiled through Sept. 6, 2006.
The Jockey Club reported Thursday that 4,145 stallions covered 64,052 mares in North America during 2004, according to statistics compiled through Sept. 8, 2005.
The Jockey Club released its Live Foal Report Thursday afternoon, and reports that 4,203 stallions covered 63,154 mares in North America during 2003, according to statistics compiled through Sept. 9. These coverings have resulted in 36,274 foals of 2004 being reported to The Jockey Club.
As has been the trend with larger books of mares, The Jockey Club reported today that the number of stallions that covered mares in 2002 decreased, but the number of foals of 2003 increased.
Tale of the Cat, who covered the second most mares in North America during the 1999 breeding season, moved up to the top spot during the 2000 breeding season. The Ashford Stud stallion covered 176 mares during the 2000 breeding season after covering 147 mares in 1999.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- Clement Hirsch: Iotapa After BC Distaff Slot
- Kingman Wins Sussex with Dazzling Late Speed