Led by $3.6 million Naples Bay, Medaglia d'Oro's half sister in foal to War Front, Keeneland November's opening session sold more seven-figure horses but had lower figures overall than last year.
California owner Madeline Auerbach announced a new racing venture in which she is syndicating offspring by major California stallion Unusual Heat.
Hall of Fame Jockey Gary Stevens has become a partner in the management of Little Red Feather Racing.
Singletary, winner of the 2004 NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) and an earner of better than $1.75 million in his race career, will enter stud at Cardiff Stud Farms near Atascadero, Ca., where his 2006 fee will be $5,000.
Singletary, named for Hall of Fame NFL player Mike Singletary, rolled to the lead leaving the second turn and drew off to an upset victory in the $1.5 million NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) at Lone Star Park.
Little Red Feather Racing's Singletary, who flopped when heavily favored in each of his three starts, put it all together Saturday in winning the $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on the Del Mar turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score
- Flintshire Dominant Again in Sword Dancer
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- A. P. Indian Gets Second Grade I in Forego
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Cavorting on Top in Personal Ensign
- Haveyougoneaway Surges to Ballerina Win
- Masochistic Breezes to Pat O'Brien Victory