Little Journey, looking to rebound from a last-place finish in the Lake George Stakes (gr. IIT), heads the field in the $100,000 Boiling Springs Stakes (gr. IIIT), the Labor Day feature event at Monmouth Park Sept. 1.
A Little Bit Sassy, winner of the Edgewood Stakes but disqualified from victory in the Regret (gr. IIIT) last time out, returns in the $200,000 Lake George Stakes (gr. IIT) as the second week of racing begins at Saratoga.
Kentucky shipper Room Service, the only grade I winner in the field, overpowered the leaders in the drive for the wire to tally impressively in the $350,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) May 31 on the Santa Anita turf.
TimeformUS looks at the Californian and the American Oaks. read blog
Room Service, a game dead-heat winner of the Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I), squares off with fast-developing Nashoba's Gold in what shapes up as an outstanding renewal of the $350,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) May 31.
A Little Bit Sassy tracked pacesetter Istanford into the homestretch and eventually pulled away to capture the $171,750 Edgewood Stakes May 2 on the turf at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases
- Magnificent Treve Triumphs at Saint-Cloud