Jody Petty, the 2005 National Steeplechase Association champion jockey, emerged from a fall at the March 5 Little Everglades Steeplechase in Dade City, Fla. with four broken ribs and a ruptured spleen.
The National Steeplechase Association season kicks off Sunday, when Little Everglades Steeplechase near Dade City, Fla., hosts a five-race card. The season had been expected to begin Saturday at Tampa Bay Downs but a lack of entries forced the cancellation of the scheduled race.
Opening day 2002 for the National Steeplechase Association was pushed back one day with the cancellation of Saturday's hurdle race at Tampa Bay Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Darley Closes Aiken Training Track Stable
- Grade II Winner Moulin de Mougin Retired
- O'Neill Sets Del Mar Record With Five Wins
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- London Tower Game in Eternal Search
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- Top West Coast Mares Ready for Clement Hirsch