Jody Petty, the 2005 National Steeplechase Association champion jockey, emerged from a fall at the March 5 Little Everglades Steeplechase in Dade City, Fla. with four broken ribs and a ruptured spleen.
The National Steeplechase Association season kicks off Sunday, when Little Everglades Steeplechase near Dade City, Fla., hosts a five-race card. The season had been expected to begin Saturday at Tampa Bay Downs but a lack of entries forced the cancellation of the scheduled race.
Opening day 2002 for the National Steeplechase Association was pushed back one day with the cancellation of Saturday's hurdle race at Tampa Bay Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Easthams Re-Launch Legacy Bloodstock
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability
- American Gaming Association Adds Churchill
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Finger Lakes Launches ADW Site