Jody Petty, the 2005 National Steeplechase Association champion jockey, emerged from a fall at the March 5 Little Everglades Steeplechase in Dade City, Fla. with four broken ribs and a ruptured spleen.
The National Steeplechase Association season kicks off Sunday, when Little Everglades Steeplechase near Dade City, Fla., hosts a five-race card. The season had been expected to begin Saturday at Tampa Bay Downs but a lack of entries forced the cancellation of the scheduled race.
Opening day 2002 for the National Steeplechase Association was pushed back one day with the cancellation of Saturday's hurdle race at Tampa Bay Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity